Hot summer days are here again and we just love them, don’t we? But when the heat gets unbearable and there is no beach nearby, a glass of ice tea is all it takes to feel better.
Here are my two very easy homemade ice tea recipes to quench your thirst!
How to make cold-brew Sencha green tea:
2 heaped tablespoons of Sencha tea leaves and 1 liter of cold water
- Add 2 tablespoons of Sencha to a glass bottle or tea kettle and fill it with cold water
- Put it in the fridge for 4 hours, or even better, leave it overnight
How to make Rooibos (red bush) ice tea:
1 tablespoon of Rooibos and 0.5 liter of hot water
- Add 1 tablespoon of Rooibos to a tea kettle or thermos with steeper and pour 0.5 liter of almost boiling water
- Let it steep for about 5 minutes
- Add any sweetener like syrup if desired and let it cool down
- Put it in the fridge
- When cold enough, add a bit of lemon juice or a couple of lemon slices, some ice cubes and ready to drink
Drinking water can get really boring on hot summer days, so take your chance to enjoy these two simple homemade ice tea recipes.
Cheers to summer!